Shenley Academy Students Enjoy a Successful A Level Results Day 2018
It’s been a great day at Shenley today with 100% of our 6th Form students successfully navigating the next steps in their lives. With a mixture of career paths to choose from, Shenley students will be gracing the hallways of local, national and international universities, as well as apprenticeships and employment.
The partnership between Shenley Academy and Birmingham City Football Club Community Trust has seen some really fantastic results this year, with 45% of students achieving distinction or distinction* in their qualifications. The jointly delivered programme allows students to combine academic study in Sport Science with training and coaching qualifications. Students are heading off to university to continue with their studies or in some cases a completely new course of study.
Congratulations go to:
- Jacob Cawkwell – who with D*D*D* is heading to the USA on a Sports Scholarship to study at college
- Wheedullah Jan – who with D*D*D* is heading to Aston University to study Engineering
- Adam Nazir – will be starting the degree programme now being offered by Birmingham City Football Club, and there is no doubt that his D*D*D* will set him up for a good start to the course.
The Shenley and BCFC programme attracts students from across the city, and further afield. We are now recruiting for entry into the programme in September 2019 , so if you would like to find out whether it’s the right choice for you visit our Open Evening on Monday 24th September 2018 at St Andrew’s Stadium. For more details and register your interest in the programme contact: email@example.com
The more traditional pathway of A- level and Applied Studies courses which is followed by students who study at Shenley full-time has seen great success too. 100% pass rates were achieved in A Level English Language and Literature, A Level English Literature, A Level Maths, A Level French, A Level History; with 100% pass rates also seen in BTEC Diplomas in Art, Dance, Drama, Health & Social Care and Science. All students are heading to university or into employment, and particular congratulations go to:
- Abdullah Dhahir – heading to Aston University to read Engineering
- Chloe Jones – heading to Worcester University to read Forensic and Applied Biology
- Charley Marshall – heading to Birmingham City University to read Event Venue and Experience Management
- Jordan May – heading to Derby University to read Forensic Science
- Jack McTavish – heading to Liverpool John Moores University to read Policing Studies
- Connor Ryan – heading to Birmingham City University to read Law
- Courtney Walsh – heading to De Montfort University to read Dance
We pride ourselves on the quality of academic and pastoral guidance which is given to all students who study at Shenley. We are offering a wider range of A Level and Applied A Level courses from September 2019 so if you would like to come and see how we support all students to success come and visit our second Open Evening on Thursday 27th September 2018. Details can be found on the website: https://shenleyacademy.e-act.org.uk/
Lucy Monk, Headteacher, Shenley Academy on today’s KS5 results:
“It is testament to the hard work of our students and academy staff that students are leaving our academy today to continue their studies at university, start an apprenticeship or enter the world of employment. The entire academy community is brimming with pride today as we celebrate together this wonderful set of key stage 5 results.”
For further information on Shenley Academy visit: https://shenleyacademy.e-act.org.uk/
About Shenley Academy and 6th Form:
We aim to ensure that all children, regardless of their background or postcode, have access to a great education. Our academy is located in Birmingham, where we educate 1015 students from the ages of 11-18 in coeducational classes.
Contact Lucy Monk on firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.