Our ethos and values
At Shenley Academy students develop their self-confidence, are given the chance to shine, and understand that individual and collective endeavour is rewarded.
All Shenley students know that hard work will lead to good examination results, and that they will demonstrate resilience, kindness, integrity, respect, self-belief and altruism in their daily and future lives.
Inspire. Aspire. Achieve.
This dictum guides all we do. We have achieved a great deal since we opened as an academy. We know that hard work and very good examination results are essential, but life at Shenley Academy is also about having the chance to shine, make a contribution to our community, broaden horizons through offering experiences and opportunities outside the classroom and cultivating the values of respect, resilience, altruism, kindness, integrity and self-belief.
We support this growth through our broad and balanced curriculum offer and our character education programme known as Shenley Horizons. Through Shenley Horizons we develop students’ resilience, kindness, integrity, respect, self-belief and altruism.
Student Leadership- Equality Objectives
- All students in the school are presented with the opportunity to earn respect from every member of staff.
- School sanctions are kept consistent no matter what age, gender or creed.
- Both the female and male genders complete Physical Education to the same standard, however the sets for these lessons are structured in a set tier which indicated ability. The girls are currently arranged as set 3 and 4 and are therefore seen as not as able as the boys. We are aiming to alter this by changing these set labels.
- Dress codes between staff and students are relatively equal but not all the time however.
- Discrimination, is challenged by both teachers and students at all times.