Shenley Academy Student Parliament are an elected group of students who model demographic British Values and provide a platform for Student Voice. This will allow every student will get their voice heard and be part of a democratic structure, directly prompting the British Values. We will have a strong emphasis on student-led projects and initiatives, which will promote active citizenship and develop important skills.
Student Parliament 2023-2024
What personal qualities are needed?
All Student Parliament members should:
- Enjoy working and talking to other students
- Be able to build good working relationships with staff members
- Want to make a lasting impact at school and be involved in decision making
- Be able to work well in a team
- Have good time management skills e.g. balancing commitments
- Be polite, mature, responsible and reliable at all times.
What will they be doing?
All Student Parliament members will:
- Sit on the Shenley Student Parliament and represent their form in debates
- Be able to lead on whole school projects
- Communicate with Head of Progress and form group about activities going on in school
- Remind class about important events
- Help co-ordinate class activities e.g. assemblies
- Maintain classroom noticeboard
- Check standards of cleanliness in the classroom
- Develop their leadership skills
- Encourage their form to aim for excellent attendance and punctuality.
The structure of our Student Parliament can be seen below: