By empowering students to lead and take ownership over areas of their learning and the school environment, we build positively into the characters of our students and into the culture of the Academy.
Student Leadership Team 2020-2021:
What will they be doing?
- Growing influence – Our Head boys and girls from each year group meet with Senior Staff to feed into planning of the school.
- Student forums – Our wider team of leaders across all years will contribute to forums on key areas of school life.
- Role-modelling – Our leaders will model to others how to be resilient and responsible.
Student Initiatives are part of our Student Leadership at the Academy. This is an opportunity for students to be at the heart of developing our positive culture and their work has been recognised by the Education Service-led Speaker’s School Council Awards. Leaders work on various initiatives throughout the school year:
- Peer mentoring – Our Key Stage 4 leaders are mentoring over 30 year seven students to aid their smooth transition into the Academy.
- Charity – In 2019 we were able to donate over 260kg of donations to the Trussell Trust, a local food bank charity. The charity were blown away by our efforts and we were featured in the Birmingham Mail.
- School environment – We look after our Peace Garden, a memorial garden within the school.
- Awareness – We raise awareness of national and local events for example we ran a successful Remembrance Day competition, where over 120 pupils entered a poster competition to commemorate and raise awareness of this important time.
Leadership opportunities are available here, with Sport and Performing Arts providing opportunity for students to work with younger students or lead events involving local primary schools.